Why People Movement and Handling?
“The Health and Social Work Sector accounts for nearly 20% of all workplace injuries reported to the HSA each year. Reported incidents indicate three main accident triggers in the healthcare sector: of which manual handling (patient handling and handling of inanimate loads) is the top reported injury”. (www.HSA.ie)
This People Movement and Handling course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills they need to apply the correct techniques used in people movement and handling.
Our course is HSA (Health & Safety Authority) compliant and is taught by experienced Instructors who will tailor the content of the course to your needs.
Who is this course for:
This course is suitable for employees of all levels whose job involves the moving, handling and supporting people in the workplace, including all healthcare, social care, community care and teachers.
Relevant Health & Safety Legislation:
- HSE Manual Handling and People Handling Policy 2018
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 – 2010
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – 2016
What can you expect to learn on this People Movement and Handling Course?
This People Movement and Handling course is designed to ensure you are sufficiently trained and able to apply the principles and practices of safe manual handling and people handing in the workplace. You will also understand the current relevant legal requirements associated with Manual Handling and Patient Handling, including the responsibilities of the employer and employee.
People Movement and Handling Course Contents:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Bio Mechanics
- Fitness, Flexibility & Nutrition
- Ergonomics & Risk Assessment using T.I.L.E.
- Safe Moving & Principles of Manual Handling
- Practical Manual & Patient Handling
- use of handling aids (banana board, slide sheets & wheelchair)
- overview of hoist (training of hoist can only be provided by supplier of hoist)
Method of Delivery:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Physical lifting demonstration
- Equipment demonstration
- Theory and practical assessment
- Our People Movement and Handling training will be will delivered in 1 full day to a maximum of 12 participants at your company’s premises.
- This course is in two parts; Manual Handling of inanimate objects, followed by People Handling theory and techniques.
- Participants are required to complete a short multiple-choice assessment & practical lifting demonstration of both manual handling and patient techniques
- Certification is provided by Donegal Safety Services Ltd on successful completion of the course
- People Moving and Handling certificates are valid for 2 years
If you would like further information on this course or any of the other courses we offer please contact us today.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here for view our Covid-19 policy in full.