What is Manual Handling?
Manual Handling is the transporting or supporting of a load that involves lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving. This Manual Handling course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to perform manual handling tasks in their work area in a safe and proper manner.
Our Manual Handling course is HSA (Health & Safety Authority) compliant and is taught by experienced QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructors who will tailor the content of the course to your needs.
Who is this course for:
Manual Handling courses are aimed at any persons who, as part of their routine activities or as part of their job have:
- to carry,
- pull or
- push loads.
Relevant Manual Handling Health & Safety Legislation:
- HSE Manual Handling and People Handling Policy 2018
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – 2016
What can you expect to learn on the Manual Handling Course?
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to conduct Manual Handling activities in a safe manner that will help prevent injury. You will also understand the legal requirements associated with Manual Handling.
Our training includes practical skills to perform correct lifting techniques. You will also understand the limitations and mechanics of the spine and muscular system. In addition you will become aware of the consequences of incorrect carrying, lifting, pulling and pushing.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Anatomy & Back Care
- Bio Mechanics
- Fitness, Flexibility & Nutrition
- Ergonomics & Risk Assessment using T.I.L.E.
- Safe Moving & Principles of Manual Handling
Method of Delivery:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Practical demonstration & assessment
- Theory assessment
- We will deliver the full course in a half day to a maximum of 12 participants at your company’s premises.
- Participants are required to complete a short multiple-choice assessment & practical lifting demonstration
- Certification is provided by Donegal Safety Services Ltd on successful completion of the course
- Manual Handling certificates are valid for 3 years
If you would like further information on this course or any of the other courses we offer please complete our contact form today.