Why First Aid Response?
Since the 1st June 2018, the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) only recognises the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council First Aid Response (FAR) training standard as meeting the needs of occupational first aid in workplace. Our First Aid Response course is accredited through a Recognised Institution and is run to these HSA guidelines.
Who needs First Aid Response (FAR) Course?
There is a requirement under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 to have a sufficient number of First Aid Responders trained and deployed in the workplace.
From 1st June 2018, you must only complete a 3 day First Aid Response course or 2 day refresher course in order to be recognised by the HSA as a First Aid Responder.
Our PHECC First Aid Response course is designed to provide training to staff who intend to fulfil a position of First Aider within the workplace. Participants will develop the necessary skills to deal with accidents and emergencies at work and give effective life support to casualties until professional help arrives.
First Aid Response Course Layout:
- Lesson 1: Patient Assessment (including infection control and Covid-19 protocol)
- Lesson 2: Incident Procedure
- Lesson 3: Cardiac First Response (AED/CPR)
- Lesson 4: Common Medical Emergencies
- Lesson 5: Injury Management & Shock
- Lesson 6: The Unconscious Patient
- Lesson 7: Burn & Electrical Injury
- Lesson 8: Hypothermia & Hypothermia
- Lesson 9: Information Management
- Lesson 10: Communications
- Lesson 11: Well Being of the First Aid Responder
Delivery & Duration:
- Classroom presentation & discussion, DVD & practical demonstration
- The course is delivered over 18 hours, this can be completed on consecutive days or over a number of weeks.
- You can have up to eight participants on this course.
- Successful participants will receive a registered certificate. This will be valid for two years, after this if you choose to extend the validity of your certificate you can participate in a 2 day First Aid Response refresher course.
- Re-certification of FAR must be completed within 30 days of expiry.
- Participants complete both a practical (continual assessment) and a theory assessment
- Theory assessment is multiple choice questions
- Participants must achieve a mark of 60% or higher in each element of the assessment
If you would like further information on this course or any of the other courses we offer please complete our contact form today.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here to view our Covid-19 policy in full.