This IHF Basic Life Support (BLS) course will provide healthcare workers with the fundamental skills and ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies in or out of the Hospital or Home-Care environment.
IHF Basic Life Support (BLS) Intended Audience:
Healthcare providers in a variety of settings, including in-hospital and out of hospital settings. These healthcare providers my include Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT’s), Physical and Occupational Therapists, Medical or Nursing Students, Dentists and Nursing Assistants, Care Assistants and other medical or healthcare personnel.
IHF Basic Life Support (BLS) Course Content:
- Critical concepts of high quality Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The Chain of Survival
- Differences between infant, child and adult Rescue Techniques
- One rescuer CPR and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for infant, child and adult
- Two rescuer CPR and use of the AED for infant, child and adult
- Use of Bag Valve Mask (BVM) techniques for infant, child and adult
- Barrier devices
- Rescue breathing
- Management of foreign body airway obstruction (FBAO) for infant, child and adult
- Recovery Position
Method of Delivery:
- The course is facilitated by a tutors who use a DVD to guide participants through the course.
- The course will allow ample opportunities for hands on training and information sharing.
- Course participants will be evaluated by practical skills testing and a written multiple-choice questionnaire.
Approximately 4 hours
Participants who successfully complete both the skills and written exam assessment components of the course will receive an IHF BLS Provider course completion card that is valid for 2 years. It should also be noted that this course is certified by the Irish Heart Foundation (IHF) and American Heart Foundation (AHF) and as such is recognised internationally. To maintain your qualification this course must be repeated after two years from the date of completion.
Book your IHF BLS course today by calling us on 0874170941, emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please complete our contact form by clicking here.
We look forward to hearing from you.