Why First Aid Response:
Since the 1st June 2018, the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) only recognises the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council First Aid Response training standard as meeting the needs of occupational first aid in workplace. Our First Aid Response Refresher is ran in affiliation with a Recognised Institution and is run to these HSA guidelines.
First Aid Response Refresher Course Summary:
This First Aid Response (Refresher) course is designed to provide training to staff who intend to fulfil a position of First Aider within the workplace. Participants will develop the necessary skills to deal with accidents and emergencies at work and give effective life support to casualties until professional help arrives.
First Aid Response Refresher Course Layout:
Lesson 1: Patient Assessment
Lesson 2: Incident Procedure
Lesson 3: Cardiac First Response (AED/CPR)
Lesson 4: Common Medical Emergencies
Lesson 5: Injury Management & Shock
Lesson 6: The Unconscious Patient
Lesson 7: Burn & Electrical Injury
Lesson 8: Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
Lesson 9: Information Management
Lesson 10: Communications
Lesson 11: Well Being of the First Aid Responder
Method of Delivery:
- Classroom Presentation & Discussion, DVD & Practical Demonstration
First Aid Refresher Duration:
- This refresher course is 12 hours (which can be completed on consecutive days or over a number of weeks)
- 8 participants
- Successful participants will receive a First Aid Response (FAR) certificate valid for 2 years
- Re-certification must be completed within the 2 years
- Participants will complete a both a practical and theory assessment
- Theory assessment is multiple choice questions
- Participants must achieve a mark of 60% or higher in each element of the assessment
If you would like further information on this course or any other courses we provide please contact us today.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here for view our Covid-19 policy in full.