Who should do this Sports First Aid course?
This Sports First Aid Course is ideal for coaches or trainers who need to be able to deal with minor sports injuries. It covers a comprehensive range of topics to prepare participants to administer Emergency First Aid for sports injuries. Participants will learn a high level of practical skills so that they can deal competently with first aid situations that may arise.
Sports First Aid Course Summary:
The course will take the participant through a comprehensive list of medical and trauma related scenarios, and will allow ample opportunities for hands on training and information sharing.
This Sports First Aid Course can be tailored to your particular needs. However, will have particular emphasis on the following core subjects;
- Scene Management
- Primary Survey & Secondary Survey
- Bleeding and Minor Wounds
- Sprains & Strains
- Concussion & Head Injuries
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Recovery Position
- Handover & Documentation
- Sports First Aid kit
Method of Delivery:
- Classroom Presentation & Discussion, DVD & Practical Demonstration
- 6 hours tuition
- 12 participants
- Successful candidates will receive a ‘Basic First Aid for Sports’ certificate from Donegal Safety Services Ltd which will be valid for 2 years
Please contact us today if you would like further information on this course or any of the other courses we offer.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here for view our Covid-19 policy in full.