Cardiac First Response Course Summary:
This Cardiac First Response course designed to teach you basic life support skills; Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). A cardiac first responder plays a vital role in keeping a person alive until they can receive expert clinical care.
Cardiac First Response Course Layout:
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Correct use of the AED
- Recovery Position
- Handover & Documentation
On course completion participants will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- Respond in an effective, safe and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- Retrieve and appropriately use, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- Report and record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
Method of Delivery:
- Classroom Presentation & Discussion, DVD & Practical Demonstration
- 4 hours
- 8 participants
- Upon successful completion the participant will receive a PHECC Cardiac First Response (CFR) Certificate
- Certificate is valid for 2 years
Cardiac First Response Assessment:
- Participants will complete both a practical and theory assessment
- Theory assessment is multiple choice questions
- Participants must achieve a mark of 60% or higher in each element of the assessment
If you would like further information on our Cardiac First Response course or any of the other courses we offer please complete our contact form today.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here for view our Covid-19 policy in full.