Manual Handling for Child Care
Health and Safety legislation in Ireland requires that all childcare staff engaged in Manual Handling must be given training in safe Manual Handling techniques where injury could happen. This Manual Handling for Child Care course is specially designed to train childcare staff to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By providing Manual Handling training for your staff you are complying with Health and Safety regulations and helping to prevent injuries in the workplace.
Relevant H&S Legislation
- HSE Manual Handling and People Handling Policy 2018
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – 2016
- Health and Safety Legislation.
- Manual Handling tasks in childcare
- Anatomy & Back Care
- Bio Mechanics
- Fitness, Flexibility & Nutrition
- Ergonomics & Risk Assessment using T.I.L.E
- Safe Moving & Principles of Manual Handling
Method of Delivery
- PowerPoint presentation
- Practical demonstration
- Half day
- Participants are required to complete a short multiple-choice assessment & practical lifting demonstration
- Successful participants will receive certification from Donegal Safety Services Ltd
- Certification is valid for 3 years
If you would like further information on this Manual Handling for Child care course or any of the other courses we offer please contact us today.