Our Fire Safety Awareness training will prove invaluable in protecting your staff and company. This Fire Safety Awareness course is designed to; raise awareness of fire hazards in the workplace, explain how to respond in the event of a fire emergency, explain how to select and use the correct fire extinguisher depending on the type of fire.
Who should is this Fire Safety Awareness course:
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness training is a legal requirement that must be provided by all employers. This course meets all requirements from HIQA.
Relevant H&S Legislation:
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007
- Fire Services Act 1981 – 2003 (Code of Practice)
- Building Control Act 2007
- Building Regulations 1997 – 2010
- Building Control Regulations 1997 – 2009
- Common Law
On completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the chemistry of the fire
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Use and maintain portable fire extinguishers
- Assist in the management of evacuation procedures and drills
- Fire Safety Legislation
- Nature of fire
- Flammable Substances and Ignition Sources
- Fire Prevention
- Extinguishing Fires
- Safety and Warning Signs
- Fire Procedures
- Fire Drills
Method of Delivery:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supervised live demonstration
- Half day
- Participants are required to complete a short written assessment
- On successful completion on the course each delegate is awarded a Fire Safety Awareness Certificate from Donegal Safety Services Ltd
- Certificates are valid for 2 years
- 12 participants
The aim of our courses is to provide participants with a greater awareness and understanding of the threat posed by fire; their personal responsibility in preventing an outbreak of fire where they work and what action should be taken in the event of a fire.
All courses mentioned above can be tailored to suit the requirements of the day to day running of your business. Generally courses are run in-house, we offer the facility to hold training courses in our branch offices.
If you would like further information on this course or any of the other courses we offer please contact us today.
All of our courses are Covid-19 compliant, press here for view our Covid-19 policy in full.